Not sure what exactly it is about the Purple Rose Florist website that has captured the attention of Plant Curator. The images don’t even display properly on some pages. Yet the retro or vintage (which one?), post-modern, neighbourly feel is a highly enjoyable user experience and a welcome relief to all the contemporary looking, action-packed, sleek, image slider heavy ( PC included here), informal themed websites of today. Web design trends are moving all the time, but somehow the right retro styling stays current. Who knows if this is a contemporary design, it may well be a product of its time, designed years ago, but now (and that’s what counts) it displays a vintage edge. The fact that it is based in Grimsby only adds to its allure.
Top things Plant Curator loves about the Purple Rose Florist Website:
- The purple rose rollover icons.
- The gingham textured backdrop (also purple).
- The recursion of shop styling within the website styling – it’s not quite a mise en abyme but quite brilliant.
- The friendly looking women florists. Hi there!
- That delivery costs start at only £2.oo.
- Choice of fonts – Corsive for menu items, mixed with Tahoma and whatever the main header title is in. With the slightly skewed tracking or kerning only adding to its charm.
- The simplicity of the user experience.
Plant Curator feels an overwhelming urge to join these two women as a third partner and wile away the days arranging funeral bouquets.